GaN HEMT epiwafers
GaN HEMT epiwafers with low leakage current based on our original buffer growth technique
Our gallium nitride (GaN) HEMT epiwafer products are well known for their high breakdown voltage with low leakage current and excellent two dimensional electron gas (2DEG) characteristics. The products are used worldwide by major cutting-edge semiconductor device companies.
NTT-AT provides excellent GaN HEMT epitaxial wafers for device manufacturers, with high uniformity and high breakdown voltage which are achieved by controlling the growth conditions precisely and by using a unique buffer layer.
High uniformity among wafers by precise control of growth conditions
High breakdown voltage and low leakage current by unique buffer layer growth technology
Excellent two-dimensional electron gas by precise control of growth conditions
Due to its high quality, this product is well regarded by our customers worldwide.
Leakage Current Density
NTT-AT's competitive edge
Able to provide various kinds of substrate
Very flexible to meet wide range of required quantity
- Small quantity for prototype production
- Larger quantity for mass production needs
Able to provide 8 inch GaN on Silicon
- Good wafer quality
- Click here to download brochure of AlGaN/GaN HEMT on 6 inch Si (PDF:82KB)
Click here to download example inspection data (PDF:90KB)
We can also provide device manufacturing and material analysis.
Able to provide InAlN HEMT structure
- Detailed specifications click here to download brochure of InAlN/GaN HEMT (PDF:385KB)
Able to provide 4 inch GaN on SiC and 8 inch GaN on Si
- RF applications such as power amplifier
- Vehicle power devices
- Power electronics such as power supplies, DC/DC converter, etc.
- Environment resistant devices
Benefits of using GaN
- High power
- High frequency
- High power efficiency
- Low power consumption, energy saving
- High-temperature robustness
- Exceed the limitations of current Si power devices
Specifications / Details
AlGaN/GaN HEMT epi structure (example)
|Doping||Doped or un-doped|
|Al content||~25 (%)|
|Thickness||~ 20 (nm)|
|Thickness||1- 4 (μm)|
1) The thickness of cap layer can be adjusted according to the requirements.
2) The thickness of barrier layer and Al composition can be adjusted according to the requirements.
3) The AlN spacer layer can be inserted as well
Sheet resistance: ~300 Ohm/sq. 1), ~400 Ohm/sq. 2)
1) with AlN spacer, 2) without AlN spacer
Sheet carrier density:~ 1013 (cm-2)
Electron mobility:> ~ 2000 cm2/Vs
Breakdown voltage3) :> 200 V (for RF), ~ 1000 V (for power)
3)influenced by device structure
Comparison with other companies productsGaN devices have higher breakdown voltage and higher power efficiency compared with Si devices, and are capable of reducing the size of high-power systems and RF systems.
Over the past 10 years, NTT-AT has sold GaN epitaxial wafers to more than 100 customers including enterprises, research institutes, and universities.