GaN HEMT epiwafers with low leakage current, enabled by our original buffer growth technique
Take a look at NTT-AT's HEMT structures for Power applications (on 6 inch Si)
Benefits of using GaN
Using gallium nitride (GaN) HEMT epiwafer brings various benefits for the next generation high frequency and high power devices. At the device level, GaN devices exceed limitations of the conventional Si devices. GaN devices can achieve very high power efficiency, which accordingly reduces their size and lower power consumption, consequently that of their final products.
- 5G-related RF devices, such as power amplifier
- High-efficiency power electronics devices, such as power supplies, DC/DC converter, etc.
- Durable and reliable devices in harsh environments
- High-end sensor devices
What we do
For device manufacturers
NTT-AT provides high-performance and high-quality GaN HEMT epitaxial wafers with:
- High epi-layer uniformity, achieved by precise controls of growth conditions,
- High breakdown voltage and low leakage current, acheived by our unique optimized buffer layer,
- Excellent two-dimensional electron gas（２DEG）properties, acheived by precise control of growth conditions,
- Low RF loss achieved by optimized interlayer growth techniques, and
- Clean surface with minimal particles, leading to high device production yields.
Leakage Current Density
Very flexible to meet wide range of production volumes
- Small quantity for prototyping
- Larger quantity for mass production needs
Able to provide various kinds of substrate
Epitaxial growth on Si, SiC, Sapphire and GaN substrates is available.
8 inch GaN on Silicon is also available with the same quality as 6 inch cases on request.
- Click here to download a leaflet of AlGaN/GaN HEMT on 6 inch Si (PDF:82KB)
- Click here to download an inspection data (PDF:90KB)
- We can also provide device manufacturing and material analysis.
Foundry and material analysis services
NTT-AT also provides process services (including MEMS device prototyping, and etching services) and material analysis services.
InAlN HEMT structure
- Detailed specifications: click here to download a leaflet of InAlN/GaN HEMT (PDF:385KB)
HEMT structure for Power application (on 6 inch Si)
Various HEMT structures available.
|Part Number||AlGaN Barrier||AlN||Channel||Back Barrier|
|Al content||20~25 (%)|
|Thickness||20~ 27 (nm)|
Sheet resistance: 350~400 ohm/sq. (w/ AlN spacer), 450~500 ohm/sq. (w/o AlN spacer)
Electron Mobility: ~ 1700 to 1900 cm2/Vs
FWHM (002): <800 arcsec
FWHM (102): <1400 arcsec
Breakdown voltage: 800 V – 1000 V (depending on the device structure)
Bowing value: < 50 um
Customization is also available;
- Following parameters can be changed accordingly:
1) AlN spacer insertion to control 2DEG characteristics,
2) Barrier spec can be modified to adjust to required 2DEG characteristics,
3) Channel layer thickness, and
4) Cap layer thickness.
If you require other specifications, please feel free to contact us for futher information. We are more than pleased to offer solutions.