to prevent corrosion of metallic materials
NTT-AT's original rust preventive material is a thermoplastic powder paint that has improved acid and alkali resistance and suppressed UV deterioration. It is ecofriendly and advantageous for pollution control since powder paint does not need solvent disposal and is easy to be collected remnant material.
It does not require a primer even for galvanized materials, and it is easy to process and adheres well. These characteristics realizes excellent rust resistance in salt-damaged areas and various corrosive environments.
- Excellent rust prevention (for 35 years or more) under all corrosive conditions including salt damage.
- Improved acid resistance to volcanic ash, hot spring gas, etc. and improved alkali resistance to concrete, etc.
- No primer required even on galvanized surfaces, but powder coating with excellent adhesion.
|Corrosion resistance||No rusting or swelling in 6 months salt spray test|
|Weather resistance||No cracking or peeling after 10,000 hours of UV irradiation|
|Impact resistance||80 - 120 cm (when 300 g load drops)|
|Abrasion resistance||60 μm /1000 times|
|Adhesive strength||80 kgf /cm2 or more|
|Low-temperature resistance||-40 ℃|
|Surface hardness||F - H (ISO 15184)|
Combined cyclic corrosion test
after 330 days
Exposure test along the coast on an island (since Dec. 1999, ongoing; Picture represents the status after 11 years)
- NTT-AT's original rust preventive material
- Thermoset polyester
- Hot-dip galvanized steel plate
- Zn-Al-Mg plated steel plate
Accelerated weathering test
- Test equipment: Sunshine weather meter
- Test time: 10,000 hours
- Test conditions: Black panel temperature= 63 ± 3 ℃, under UV irradiation, 18 minutes fresh water spray during 120 minutes.
Coating procedure of NTT-AT's original rust preventive material paint
- Civil and construction fieldsSteel sheet piles, steel frames, manholes, fences, handrails, etc.
- Electrical / Telecommunication equipment fieldsteel-pipe columns, wire suspension tools, steel towers, distribution/ switch boards, transformers, etc.
- Road related fieldGuard rails, guard fences, guard pipes, balustrades, illumination poles, etc.
- Steel structure related field Bridge components, tunnel components, marine components, etc.
- Water treatment field Water supply and distribution pipes, pump casings, valves, etc.
The following 3 colors are available.
"Dark brown" and "white" are made-to-order products.
Example of use for steel pipe columns
1. Hot spring region (gas corroded region)
2. Salt-damaged area
3. Ecofriendly color
Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find frequently asked questions about our original rust preventive material. Please refer them when selecting a product.